Pages

Ups and Downs

It’s no secret life has lots of ups and downs. I suppose we wouldn’t appreciate the good times so much if we never had any bad times, but sometimes I think I’d like to give it a try!

It seems like a lot has happened since my last post. First off, I waited and waited for my thyroid medicine to come and finally called the company, only to discover their website was down and no orders went through even though it acted like they did, so I had to start over. Fortunately, by Friday morning I had meds to take again. (And yes, I feel better.)

Wednesday evening we had another Q&A session for the course I’m taking. I got into line and actually got my turn, and was able to ask them for ideas not about my niche, but more importantly, about how to use some of what we've learned to raise money for Ellie's surgery. Ended up they had some good ideas for both, and told me to keep them apprised of how it went.

One of their ideas was akin to public TV’s fundraising – get people to donate items, then “give them away” for a certain level donation. If you’ve ever watched one of those fundraisers, you know how it goes, for a $10 donation you get this great CD, for a $25 donation you get a fabulous DVD, and so on. Of course, we’ve got to get people to donate, and get the word out so people will come looking, but I think it’s doable.

I’ve already bought a domain name, got an account set up for a server, changed the DNS (Domain Name Servers) and now waiting for the change to go through, and put in a request for Word Press blog software to be set-up on the account.

At the same time, after talking with these two guys I realized I need to narrow down the focus on my niche of health food a little bit, which means I also need to start over with the blog. Well, better now after only a week or so of having it up, then later when it’s been going a long time.

I’ve also asked a good friend to help me get my feet wet, and be my first interview for a teleseminar. She’s a great subject, and I’d be lucky to have her even if she weren’t such a super friend. So there’s another addition to my “to do” list.

On the down side, our trip to West Virginia for a family reunion of sorts seems dead in the water. Money has become a major issue, in that none of us is overly supplied right now, and airfare for the Canadian contingent, the price of gas for all of us, and other traveling expenses seem more than we can handle right now. Several people I’ve talked to lately have given up travel plans for the summer, so we’re not alone. I’m not sure that makes me feel better, but I guess it is nice to know we’re not the only ones whose travel plans went kaput.

Those are the major items for this week. It’s been a busy weekend, but you can read about that in a post I just put up on Rural Ramblings.

That's it for now. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

0 comments: