Pages

Broken Mirror on Friday the 13th

Okay, tomorrow morning I suspect I'm going to be walking a little gingerly, and having a hard time typing.

You see, I was standing on top of the futon bed in the spare room to reach up with my bug zapper and catch a spider. Once I had it and started to get back down I slipped and fell.

I fell right into a set of plastic shelves and mirror leaning against the wall and broke both.

Broke some skin too -- I have a few cuts and scrapes on the outside of my right thigh. I think those came from the shelf unit, because fortunately for me, the mirror was leaning behind it, and facing the other direction. (They were both in storage because of remodeling projects.)

I'm sure tomorrow I'll also be able to see some magnificent bruises. While I was at it, I also stoved up the ring finger on my right hand.

But! I never let my thumb off the suction button, so I didn't lose the spider, and now it's gone, gone, gone, flushed to that septic netherworld.

Tomorrow I'll have to get the sweeper out and clean up all the glass. This is assuming I can move, because I think I gave my spine a good shake, and it's already mad because of a little rain.

Now, who believes that breaking a mirror brings 7 years of bad luck? Is it a double dose if you break it on Friday the 13th?

3 comments:

I think being the 13th cancels out the broken mirror.

You'll take it easy today, right?

 

12 Disciples + Jesus.. now that makes 13 ...right ..so it must be a pretty good number..xx Kieren

 

Well, at least I didn't need any stitches...

And yeah, 13 makes a baker's dozen, so that's a good thing, right?!