Pages

Happenings from the past week...

It’s been a week since I last posted and I hardly know where to start. I’m trying to gain some balance in the many things I’m doing and make regular hours for different things. I’ve had some success, but need to improve even more. In other words, I’m making progress, but slowly.

Anyway, here are some highlights and updates from the past week:

  • Aftermath from my fall: Most cuts and bruises are healing, but my stoved up finger is slow about getting better. It’s hard to lift things or type for long periods of time.
  • Farm Facts: I’ve got 12 chicken chicks, and 5 peafowl chicks in 3 brooder boxes, and 3 incubators that still have a lot of eggs in them. I’m super busy trying to keep up with them.
  • Household: A lady on Freecycle was looking for items for a garage sale. I gathered up a bunch of stuff and she picked it up Tuesday morning. A few small steps toward clearing out the house.
  • Weather: We keep getting teased with rumbles of thunder, but very little rain. There was a very brief shower this afternoon, but it barely got the sidewalk wet. We need rain. The pond is going down again.
  • Winning a Bet: Actually, I didn’t win, but Jonathan did. We’re both taking some self-improvement courses, and the head of the company put a bet up on his blog: choose the winning team for the NBA playoffs, and if you guessed right, your name went in a drawing. (I guessed Lakers, Jonathan guessed Celtics.) First 3 names drawn got a free course, and some others got a course half price, plus all the rest of the courses free. Jonathan got the latter, but even at that, a fantastic deal.
  • The Shocker of the Week: Jess found out last night that he’s a grandfather again. I mean, I guess you’d say he is. Jason called and said his girlfriend just had a baby girl a few weeks ago. The kicker is they didn’t even know she was pregnant and she delivered in the bathroom of their apartment. Long and very strange story, and I’m not sure what the next chapters will be.

So there you have it, a few brief facts from a very busy and sometimes surprising week.

0 comments: