Pages

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there that have taken time to care and nurture their offspring. Too bad not all biological fathers are the real deal, men who are responsible and care for their family and worthy of the name "Dad."

I'm sitting here watching a program about Alaska on the Travel Channel, and remembering what a great time I had with MY dad in Alaska last year. We'd never spent so much time together, just the two of us, and it was great we got to go together to fulfill both our dreams of seeing Alaska.
Here we are in Glacier Bay. Cold and totally awe inspring!

It was certainly a special trip for many reasons!

Jess got home early this afternoon from his trip to Kentucky. He went with some of the guys he used to work with at Shelby to see the NASCAR race at the Kentucky Speedway Saturday night. Since he got back I've felt like a switchboard operator fielding his "Happy Father's Day" calls!

While Jess was away, Jonathan and I also played and went to a movie Saturday. I make it to about one movie a year, and this year it was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

AWESOME! Two action-packed hours, tied up some loose ends from earlier movies, a little far out with super adventure and fantasy, and all around a great movie. (Hey, if I wanted reality, I'd watch the news!)

We went to the Rave, which has the plushest seats, but even so, by the end of two hours I was fidgeting in my seat. Of course, it didn't help I had a few cuts and bruises from my fall Friday night. I expected them on my leg, but didn't realize I'd bruised my arm too. At least it wasn't bad enough I needed stitches anywhere!

It's been a fairly lazy weekend with some special treats. Tomorrow I need to get back in the groove and back to work. Playtime is over!