Pages

Banish Birthdays!

Next year I’m not going to bother with a birthday. Oh, I know that 365 days from this past one I’ll be another year older; that’s just the way it is. But as for celebrating a birthday, well, forget it. What’s to celebrate? It’s just another day. Maybe a couple of people send an email or call with birthday wishes, and a couple of business’s send birthday cards, but mostly, it’s a non-event. So I repeat, why bother?

And this birthday was worse than most. I managed to do chores and clean the kitchen today, and that’s about all I managed. I slept more today than I usually do at nights. My head hurts. My stomach is queasy. The pain is bothering me. One way to escape is to sleep. Feeling depressed? Sleep will evade that as well.

It didn’t help that when I went out to do evening chores, 5 of the peafowl were out where they didn’t belong, and when I opened their gate to shoo them back in, guineas and roosters got in their pen as well. Then I had to chase them out while keeping the peacocks in. I ended up with some stinking muck splattered on me from their wild flapping around.

By the time Jess and Jonathan came home, I was in no shape to go out to eat. I told them to feel free to go on by themselves if they wanted to. I went to bed.

I could go on about the misdeeds and not-done-deeds of the day, but that's enough to give you the idea.

Happy Birthday? I don’t think so.

3 comments:

Let's try for a do-over next weekend, shall we? You & JB & Ellie & Chrystie can combine for one big b-day bash!

 

Naw, I was thinking Valentine's Day, and FUTURE birthdays. So JB Ellie & Chrystie plus Happy Valentines Day.

 

I'm sorry your birthday was so unfun, Tish. You work too hard.