Pages

My Office Improvements

It's taken me a while to get used to the rearranged furniture in my office, but there's not doubt it's a vast improvement over trying to work in the middle of the living room. How is it better? Let me count the ways!
  1. It's furthest away from the action in the rest of the house. Which means...

  2. Less interruptions!

  3. My desktop computer is lightyears faster than my laptop, so it's easier to get work done.

  4. My mess isn't right there for everyone to see when they walk in the front door.

  5. And I've got places to put things!

Jonathan finished the shelves on the wall yesterday, so I've got even more storage.

Didn't he do a GREAT job? They really look good. I almost hate to cover them up. Almost... but not quite! They're going to be a great help in organizing stuff in here.

While he was working on the shelves, we piled all the cushions from the couch under a desk. A nosy little bird came in to see what was going on, and found a great little hidey-hole.

She loves to find secretive little places to hang out.

But most of the time when she's in the office, I put her on her playdoor.

Isn't that an ingenious use of an old door? She's got lots of play stuff to keep her busy, she's right close to me so she doesn't get lonesome, and best of all... she hasn't figured out any way to get down.

Now to get all the rest of the stuff out of the spare room and back into the office!

2 comments:

hehehe! That birdie playground door is so brilliant!
I bet it keeps her busy and happy for hours. It's wonderful that it gets natural light rom those two windows, too.
And how fun for you to have your pretty birdie friend to spend time with you while you work in that beautiful office! :)

~Lisa

 

Jess fixed up the door for me, and I just put toys and stuff on it for her. He used an old door we had to replace. It works out really well to keep her entertained. She doesn't like to be out of the action! She wants to be with people.