Pages

Snow or Spring?

Another month of the fast becoming not-so-new-year is pretty much shot.

The weatherman here is making dire predictions for tonight and making much use of what southerners consider a 4-letter word: S – N – O – W.

Jonathan and I are supposed to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I wouldn’t be surprised if the shelves were devoid of bread and milk. Any prediction of snow around here requires an immediate trip to the store to purchase milk and bread, so it goes fast.

Mostly lately, it’s just been rain though. Bad for pain levels, but that’s the way it goes. And some very cold weather interspersed with unseasonably warm weather – pretty much what everyone else in the country is getting to one degree or another.

However, since the month of February will soon be over, that means it’s soon to be March, and that means spring can’t be too far off, right? I think lots of people are counting on it! I know I am.

As far as what’s been happening around here, let’s see…

Jess is still working. Some days he’s busy all day, and some days he isn’t. He’s been showing off lately and running across the yard on his new knees. It really is amazing how well he’s doing with his bionic knees. He got a little card in the mail from his orthopedic surgeon’s office:

... so now he has an official card to show at airports and what not, explaining why he sets off the metal detectors!

Jonathan has been doing a lot of miniature model painting lately. Well, maybe they’re not called models. Whatever you call the little miniatures they use in tabletop war games he’s been painting some on commission, and has some leads to do more work. He’s also put in more applications, like at Costco, but without results. I think he’s going to give in and try applying to drive at the Domino’s in Hazel Green. He’s been a little reluctant to do that because of the wear and tear on his car, but nothing else seems to be happening.

As for me, it’s the same old, same old. Every day I do farm chores, morning and night (except Jess does them Saturday mornings). There’s always laundry, dirty dishes, cooking and all the household stuff that needs done. I try to get as many hours in as possible every day on computer work. Thursday nights at 9pm I’m sitting on the couch in the living room with my laptop going and my headphones on, ready for our weekly teleseminar that usually last 2 hours or more.

I’m still working on cleaning up my hard drives. I’m also trying to get my computers to talk to each other. They’re supposed to be networked, but I can’t connect to the laptop, for instance, with my desktop computer. And my laptop doesn’t see the desktop or the printer anymore. There’s always something that needs fixing, and most of the time I don’t know why it got unfixed in the first place! Granted, I've added a lot of new stuff in the last couple of months with new anti-virus protection, firewall, and a ton of new software to my desktop. So who knows!???!

And that's the way it is in our part of the world with another month gone, and just waiting for spring!

0 comments: