Pages

I'm in Seattle!

But I'm one really TIRED TISH.

Yes, I made it here, but it was much later than expected.

Jess and I made it to Nashville in plenty of time. We sat around for a while after I got my boarding pass, then about an hour before my flight I went through security and on back to the gate. We boarded pretty well on time. There were a lot of empty seats, so I moved from my aisle seat at the end of a 3-seat grouping, to a window seat and no one in the seat beside me. Nice!

Unfortunately, the flight was delayed because they were having some kind of problem with a luggage ‘reader’, and we sat around for 45 minutes until we finally got going.

We were late getting to Minneapolis St. Paul, but fortunately, I had an hour between flights, so I still had enough time to catch the connecting flight. However, I had to really bogey it to get from Concourse G to Concourse C for the scheduled flight time. I made good use of the moving walkways, zipping along on the "walk" side at a pretty good clip.

I made it to my gate with 10 minutes to spare. The place was PACKED. There were no seats any where, so I sat on the floor. Only gonna be 10 minutes, right?

WRONG! It was over an hour before we finally got on the plane. Every seat was taken.

Once we got going, it was a smooth flight. There was some pretty scenery along the way. These two shots I took as we were getting close to Seattle. I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I just included them both.


We got to Seattle much later than we were supposed to, but I didn’t have to be anywhere at a certain time, so that didn’t bother me. I took a few picturesof the port as we were descending.

I got my luggage, bought a ticket for a bus to take me to my motel, and after a change from the main bus to a connecting shuttle, finally got to my motel.
Once I caught sight of the Space Needle I knew I’d finally made it – I’m really in Seattle!

Now for some sleep and hopefully tomorrow - the Space Needled & Sci-Fi Museum!!

0 comments: