Pages

Tagged, I'm it!!!

While I was wandering around in Alaska, a certain someone “tagged” me in a game of “Things You Don’t Know About Me.” I was rather busy at the time, so didn’t respond right away.

However, since the book I’d planned to buy during the time I thought I’d have while waiting on my flight from Seattle to Memphis didn’t materialize since I didn’t HAVE any time because it took so long to get through security (and you’re doing really well if you followed all that sentence!)… I didn’t have anything to read during that 4-hour flight. To pass the time I got out a pad of paper and a pencil, and one of the things I worked on was a list of things people might not know about me.

So, my dear C, here you go, “10 Things You Might Not Have Known About Tish.”

1) I get seasick. Hey, I didn’t know it either until I went on a BIG cruise ship.

2) While living in Wheeling, WV, I had an article published in a national skating magazine based on an interview I did with a guy who made custom skates for Wayne Gretsky and others.

3) I had my ears pierced while in 7th grade. My mother insisted a doctor do it. As he readied the needle, he uttered the famous last words, “Easiest thing I’ve had to do all day.” I promptly fainted when he pushed the needle through the first ear. (Have I mentioned I used to faint at the sight of needles and blood?) Shook the doctor up a bit, I guess, because he made a mess of the second ear and made the hole in it lower than the other and slanted.

4) One year during high school, I was a contestant in The Miss Pleasants County Pageant. Big surprise, but I didn’t win. (Ha!) The girl who won gave a little speech about her dream to be a doctor and help other people. Would you believe she never became a doctor?

5) I love fountain pens. The stationary and pen part of any book or department store call to me. It's a siren song I can't resist, and I always browse through the goodies there.

6) When I was kid, one of my favorite pastimes was to go hunting for fossils. Sometimes I hunted along the creek on our farm or in the shale behind the barn, and sometimes one of my best friends and I would go other places. Her mom was kind enough to chauffeur us around on our archeological digs.

7) I was a member of the White Shrine when living in Parkersburg, WV. My grandmother and one of my aunts were also members, and my grandfather was a Mason.

8) For many years I was a 4-H member (head, heart, hands & health!). Every year I did at least 2 projects, and one was always on photography. At camp, I was a member of the Seneca tribe.

9) I’m picky about my cinnamon. The stuff at stores is pretty tasteless. I order some of the good stuff from a store online.

10) And by the way C, I don’t wear my wedding rings either. Same reason. I was a lot smaller 13+ years ago. Our rings have a pattern, so enlarging it would be really noticeable.

So there you have it, 10 things you might not have known about Tish, and probably aren’t exactly dancing with excitement now that you do!

Any bloggers reading this who haven’t been tagged yet, guess what? Now, you’re it!

1 comments:

What a great idea for passing the time. I didn't know these things about you, but it all sounds like you.