Pages

Travel Time in Just ONE Week!!!

I’m getting a little frazzled. Time is growing short before the trip. I’ve been busy this past week, and will continue to be busy for a while yet. I’m hoping to finish preparations in time to take a day or two off to rest before traveling, but we shall see how it goes!

Dad called earlier in the week. He’d been to a meeting of the Senior Citizens group going on this trip. He wanted to know if I’d went online and filled out the “Advance Guest Registration Forms.” Also, they’d been talking about shore excursions, and he said for me to go ahead and book shore excursions for our other two ports of call, just whatever I liked he’d go along with.

Getting us registered was pretty easy, but choosing the two shore excursions was HARD. Victoria wasn’t too bad, as there were only 10 choices. Ketchikan, however, had 38 choices, ranging in price for $30 to $1595, with everything from horse-drawn trolley tour, lumberjack show, native village, wildlife tour, city tour, boat tours, biking, kayaking, and my personal favorite, “Freestyle Touring by Classic Floatplane.” Of course, that also happened to be the most expensive, so didn’t really make my list for serious consideration.

Besides registering us, booking tours and my dental appointment this past week, I also had an appointment to get my hair trimmed. I needed to find a new place as my last beautician moved away. I looked for someplace close, called for an appointment, then got directions from Map Quest.

I got busy the day I was supposed to go, and had to rush around at the last minute to get myself to the beauty shop. I forgot to take the paper with the name of the shop and beautician, but remembered the general directions. I saw a beauty shop in about the right place, stopped and went in. “I have an appointment with someone here,” says I. The lady said, “Yes, me.” I got my hair trimmed, paid her and went home.

Now fast forward to the next day, at which time I came across the piece of paper with the name of the shop and beautician I’d made an appointment with. Uhhhh… that was NOT the name of the shop or beautician where I got my hair cut! Oops! I don’t know why the lady said I had an appointment with her, except she wasn’t busy, and I suppose she figured someone had just forgotten to write my appointment down. I guess I was in the wrong place at the right time.

I’m having strange adventures and haven’t even left home yet.

0 comments: